1. One who creeps; that which creeps; a reptile; also, a creeping plant, which moves along the surface of the earth or attaches itself to some other body, as ivy.
2. An iron used to slide along the grate in kitchens.
3. A kind of pattern or clog worn by women.
4. creeper or creepers, an instrument of iron with hooks or claws, for drawing up things from the bottom of a well, river or harbor.
5. A genus of birds, the Certhia, or ox-eye, of many species. These birds run along the body or branch of a tree, and when they observe a person near, they run to the side opposite, so as to keep out of sight.