HEAV'INESS, noun hev'iness. Weight; ponderousness; gravity; the quality of being heavy; as the heaviness of a body.
1. Sadness; sorrow; dejection of mind; depression of spirits.
Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop. Proverbs 12:25.
Ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations. 1 Peter 1:6.
2. Sluggishness; torpidness; dullness of spirit; languidness; languor; lassitude.
What means this heaviness that hangs upon me?
3. Weight; burden; oppression; as, the heaviness of taxes.
4. That which it requires great strength to move or overcome; that which creates labor and difficulty; as the heaviness of a draught.
5. Thickness; moistness; deepness; as the heaviness of ground or soil.
6. Thickness; moistness; as of air.