LOOSENESS, noun loos'ness.
1. The state of being loose or relaxed; a state opposite to that of being tight, fast, fixed or compact; as the looseness of a cord; the looseness of a robe; the looseness of the skin; the looseness of earth, or of the texture of cloth.
2. The state opposite to rigor or rigidness; laxity; levity; as looseness of morals or of principles.
3. Irregularity; habitual deviation from strict rules; as looseness of life.
4. Habitual lewdness; unchastity.
5. Flux from the bowels; diarrhaea.