GREATNESS, noun Largeness of bulk, dimensions, number or quantity; as the greatness of a mountain, of an edifice, of a multitude, or of a sum of money. With reference to solid bodies, however, we more generally use bulk, size, extent or magnitude than greatness; as the bulk or size of the body; the extent of the ocean; the magnitude of the sun or of the earth.
1. Large amount; extent; as the greatness of a reward.
2. High degree; as the greatness of virtue or vice.
3. High rank or place; elevation; dignity; distinction; eminence; power; command.
4. Swelling pride; affected state.
It is not of pride or greatness that he cometh not aboard your ships.
5. Magnanimity; elevation of sentiment; nobleness; as greatness of mind.
Virtue is the only solid basis of greatness
6. Strength or extent of intellectual faculties; as the greatness of genius.
7. Large extent or variety; as the greatness of a man's acquisitions.
8. Grandeur; pomp; magnificence.
GREATNESS with Timon dwells in such a draught,
As brings all Brobdignag before your thought.
9. Force; intensity; as the greatness of sound, of passion, heat, etc.