1. One who lives near another. In large towns, a neighbor is one who lives within a few doors. In the country, a neighbor may live at a greater distance; and in new settlements, where the people are thinly scattered over the country, a neighbor may be distant several miles. Such is the use of the word in the United States.
2. One who lives in familiarity with another; a word of civility.
3. An intimate; a confidant.
4. A fellow being. Acts 7:1.
5. One of the human race; any one that needs our help, or to whom we have an opportunity of doing good.
6. A country that is near.