PARTI'TION, noun [Latin partitio, from partio, to divide.]
1. The act of dividing, or state of being divided.
2. Division; separation; distinction.
And good from bad find no partition
3. Separate part; as lodged in a small partition
4. That by which different parts are separated; as a partition of wood or stone in a building.
5. Part where separation is made.
No sight could pass
Betwixt the nice partitions of the grass.
6. Division of an estate into severalty, which is done by deed of partition
P'ARTI'TION, verb transitive To divide into distinct parts; as, to partition the floor of a house.
1. To divide into shares; as, to partition an estate.