1. Smooth; glib; having the quality opposite to adhesiveness; as, oily substances render things slippery
2. Not affording firm footing or confidence; as a slippery promise. The slipp'ry tops of human state.
3. Not easily held; liable or apt to slip away. The slipp'ry god will try to loose his hold.
4. Not standing firm, as slippery standers.
5. Unstable; changeable; mutable; uncertain; as the slippery state of kings.
6. Not certain in its effect; as a slippery trick.
7. Lubrious; wanton; unchaste.