TRANSFORMA'TION, noun The act or operation of changing the form or external appearance.
1. Metamorphosis; change of form in insects; as from a caterpillar to a butterfly.
2. Transmutation; the change of one metal into another, as of copper or tin into gold.
3. The change of the soul into a divine substance, as among the mystics.
5. In theology, a change of heart in man, by which his disposition and temper are conformed to the divine image; a change from enmity to holiness and love.
6. In algebra, the change of an equation into one of a different form, but of equal value.