1. Release from captivity, slavery, oppression, or any restraint.
He hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives. Luke 4:18.
2. Rescue from danger or any evil.
God sent me to save your lives by a great deliverance Genesis 45:7.
3. The act of bringing forth children.
4. The act of giving or transferring from one to another.
5. The act of speaking or pronouncing; utterance. [In the three last senses, delivery is now used.]
6. Acquittal of a prisoner, by the verdict of a jury. God send you a good deliverance