1. Consisting of air; as, an airy substance.
2. Relating or belonging to air; high in air; as, an airy flight; airy region.
3. Open to a free current of air; as, an airy situation.
4. Light as air; resembling air; thin; unsubstantial; without solidity; as, airy ghosts. An airy dress is one which admits air, and is cool.
5. Without reality; having no solid foundation; vain; trifling; as, an airy scheme; airy notions.
6. Gay; sprightly; full of vivacity and levity; light of heart; lively; as an airy girl.
A'IRY, or A'ery, noun [See Aery-light.] Among sportsmen, the nest of the hawk or eagle.