BOLDNESS, noun Courage; bravery; intrepidity; spirit; fearlessness. I cannot, with Johnson, interpret this word by fortitude or magnanimity. boldness does not, I think, imply the firmness of mind, which constitutes fortitude, nor the elevation and generosity of magnanimity.
1. Prominence; the quality of exceeding the ordinary rules of scrupulous nicety and caution; applied to style, expression, and metaphors in language; and to figures in painting, sculpture and architecture.
2. Freedom from timidity; liberty.
Great is my boldness of speech towards you. 2 Corinthians 7:4.
3. Confidence; confident trust.
We have boldness and access with confidence. Ephesians 3:12.
4. Freedom from bashfulness; assurance; confident mien.
5. Prominence; steepness; as the boldness of the shore.
6. Excess of freedom, bordering on impudence.