1. Courageous; bold; daring; intrepid; fearless of danger; as a brave warrior. It usually unites the sense of courage with generosity and dignity of mind; qualities often united.
The brave man will not deliberately do an injury to his fellow man.
2. Gallant; lofty; graceful; having a noble mien.
3. Magnificent; grand; as a brave place.
4. Excellent; noble; dignified. But in modern usage, it has nearly lost its application to things.
5. Gaudy; showy in dress.
BRAVE, noun A hector; a man daring beyond discretion or decency.
Hot braves like these may fight.
1. A boast; a challenge; a defiance.
BRAVE, verb transitive To defy; to challenge; to encounter with courage and fortitude, or without being moved; to set at defiance.
The ills of love I can brave
The rock that braves the tempest.
1. To carry a boasting appearance of; as, to brave that which they believe not.