1. A course; a race, or running; a rapid running; speed in motion.
2. General course of action or movement; procedure; course of proceeding.
Continue and proceed in honors fair career
3. The ground on which a race is run.
4. In the manege, a place inclosed with a barrier, in which they run the ring.
5. In falconry, a flight or tour of the hawk, about 120 yards.
CAREER, verb intransitive To move or run rapidly.
When a ship is decked out in all her canvas, every sail swelled, and careering gayly over the curling waves, how lofty, how gallant she appears!