1. The act of gathering, or assembling.
2. The body formed by gathering; an assemblage, or assembly; a crowd; as a collection of men.
3. A contribution; a sum collected for a charitable purpose.
Now concerning the collection for the saints. 1 Corinthians 16:1.
4. A gathering, as of matter in an abscess.
5. The act of deducing consequences; reasoning; inference.
6. A corollary; a consectary; a deduction from premises; consequence.
7. A book compiled from other books, by the putting together of parts; a compilation; as a collection of essays or sermons.