COMBINE, verb transitive
1. To unite or join two or more things; to link closely together.
Friendship combines the hearts of men.
2. To agree; to accord; to settle by compact.
3. To join words or ideas together; opposed to analyze.
4. To cause to unite; to bring into union or confederacy.
The violence of revolutionary France combined the posers of Europe in opposition.
COMBINE, verb intransitive To unite, agree or coalesce.
Honor and policy combine to justify the measure.
2. To unite in friendship or design; to league together.
You with your foes combine
3. To unite by affinity, or natural attraction
Two substances which will not combine of themselves, may be made to combine by the intervention of a third.
4. To confederate; to unite as nations.
The powers of Europe combined against France.