1. The act of composing, or that which is composed; a composition; as a form of prayer of public composure; a hasty composure
In the composures of men, remember you are a man.
In this use, this word has given way to composition.
2. Composition; combination; arrangement; order.
When such a composure of letters, such a word, is intended to signify a certain thing.
3. The form, adjustment, or disposition of the various parts.
In composure of his face,
Lived a fair but manly grace.
The outward form and composure of the body.
4. Frame; make; temperament.
His composure must be rare indeed,
Whom these things cannot blemish.
5. A settled state of the mind; sedateness; calmness; tranquility.
When the passions are silent, the mind enjoys its most perfect composure
6. Agreement; settlement of differences; composition.
The treaty at Uxbridge gave the fairest hopes of a happy composure