CREST, noun [Latin This is probably, a growing or shooting up, from the root of cresco.]
1. The plume of feathers or other material on the top of the ancient helmet; the helmet itself.
2. The ornament of the helmet in heraldry.
3. The comb of a cock; also, a tuft of feathers on the head of other fowls.
4. Any tuft or ornament worn on the head.
5. Loftiness; pride; courage; spirit; a lofty mien.
CREST, verb transitive
1. To furnish with a crest; to serve as a crest for.
2. To mark with long streaks.