CRISP, adjective [Latin G. See the Verb.]
1. Curled; formed into curls or ringlets.
2. Indented; winding; as crisp channels.
3. Brittle; friable; easily broken or crumbled.
CRISP, verb transitive [Latin]
1. To curl; to twist; to contract or form into ringlets, as the hair; to wreathe or interweave, as the branches of trees.
2. To indent. To twist or eddy. But the sense is, to curl; to wrinkle in little undulations, as a fretted surface.
From that sapphire fount the crisped brooks, rolling on orient pearl and sands of gold, ran nectar, visiting each plant.