DECK, verb transitive
1. Primarily, to cover; to overspread; to put on. Hence,
2. To clothe; to dress the person; but usually, to clothe with more than ordinary elegance; to array; to adorn; to embellish.
The dew with spangles decked the ground.
3. To furnish with a deck as a vessel.
1. The covering of a ship, which constitutes a floor, made of timbers and planks. Small vessels have only one deck; larger ships have two or three decks. A flush deck is a continued floor from stem to stern, on one line.
2. A pack of cards piled regularly on each other.