1. A stirring or excitement; any disquiet or interruption of peace; as, to enter the church without making disturbance
2. Interruption of a settled state of things; disorder; tumult. We have read much at times of disturbances in Spain, England and Ireland.
3. Emotion of the mind; agitation; excitement of passion; perturbation. The merchant received the news of his losses without apparent disturbance
4. Disorder of thoughts; confusion.
They can survey a variety of complicated ideas, without fatigue or disturbance
5. In law, the hindering or disquieting of a person in the lawful and peaceable enjoyment of his right; the interruption of a right; as the disturbance of a franchise, of common, of ways, of tenure, of patronage.