DOMESTIC, adjective [Latin , a house.]
1. Belonging to the house, or home; pertaining to ones place of residence, and to the family; as domestic concerns; domestic life; domestic duties; domestic affairs; domestic contentions; domestic happiness; domestic worship.
2. Remaining much at home; living in retirement; as a domestic man or woman.
3. Living near the habitations of man; tame; not wild; as domestic animals.
4. Pertaining to a nation considered as a family, or to ones own country; intestine; not foreign; as domestic troubles; domestic dissensions.
5. Made in ones own house, nation or country; as domestic manufactures.
DOMESTIC, noun One who lives in the family of another, as a chaplain or secretary. Also, a servant or hired laborer, residing with a family.