EREC'TION, noun The act of raising and setting perpendicular to the plane of the horizon; a setting upright.
1. The act of raising or building, as an edifice or fortification; as the erection of a wall, or of a house.
2. The state of being raised, built or elevated.
3. Establishment; settlement; formation; as the erection of a commonwealth, or of a new system; the erection of a bishop-rick or an earldom.
4. Elevation; exaltation of sentiments.
Her peerless height my mind to high erection draws up.
5. Act of rousing; excitement; as the erection of the spirits.
6. Any thing erected; a building of any kind.
7. Distension and extension.