ESTAB'LISHMENT, noun The act of establishing, founding, ratifying or ordaining.
1. Settlement; ; fixed state.
2. Confirmation; ratification of what has been settled or made.
3. Settled regulation; form; ordinance; system of laws; constitution of government.
Bring in that establishment by which all men should be contained in duty.
4. Fixed or stated allowance for subsistence; income; salary.
His excellency--might gradually lessen your establishment
5. That which is fixed or established; as a permanent military force, a fixed garrison, a local government, an agency, a factory, etc. The king has establishments to support, in the four quarters of the globe.
6. The episcopal form of religion, so called in England.
7. Settlement or final rest.
We set up our hopes and establishment here.