FIERCE, noun fers. [Latin ferus, ferox, the primary sense of which is wild, running, rushing.]
1. Vehement; violent; furious; rushing; impetuous; as a fierce wind.
2. Savage; ravenous; easily enraged; as a fierce lion.
3. Vehement in rage; eager of mischief; as a fierce tyrant; a monster fierce for blood.
4. Violent; outrageous; not to be restrained.
Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce Genesis 49:7.
5. Passionate; angry; furious.
6. Wild; staring; ferocious; as a fierce countenance.
7. Very eager; ardent; vehement; as a man fierce for his party.