1. Evenness of surface; levelness; equality of surface.
2. Want of relief or prominence; as the flatness of a figure in sculpture.
3. Deadness; vapidness; insipidity; as the flatness of cider or beer.
4. Dejection of fortune; low state.
The flatness of my misery.
5. Dejection of mind; a low state of the spirits; depression; want of life.
6. Dullness; want of point; insipidity; frigidity.
Some of Homer's translators have swelled into fustian, and others sunk into flatness
7. Gravity of sound, as opposed to sharpness, acuteness or shrillness.
Flatness of sound - joined with a harshness.
FLAT'-NOSED, adjective Having a flat nose.