1. Powerful; strong; mighty; as a punishment forcible to bridle sin.
2. Violent; impetuous; driving forward with force; as a forcible stream.
3. Efficacious; active; powerful.
Sweet smells are most forcible in dry substances when broken.
4. Powerful; acting with force; impressive; as forcible words or arguments.
5. Containing force; acting by violence; as forcible means.
6. Done by force; suffered by force. The abdication of James, his advocates hold to have been forcible
7. Valid; binding; obligatory. [Not used.]
8. In law, forcible entry is an actual violent entry into houses or lands.
FORCIBLE detainer, is a violent withholding of the lands, etc. of another from his possession.
FORCIBLE abduction, is the act of taking away wrongfully, as a child without the consent of the father, a ward without the consent of the guardian, or any person contrary to his or her will.