1. Newness; vigor; spirit; the contrary to vapidness; as the freshness of liquors or odors.
2. Vigor; liveliness; the contrary to a faded state; as the freshness of plants or of green fields.
3. Newness of strength; renewed vigor; opposed to weariness or fatigue.
The Scots had the advantage both for number and freshness of men.
4. Coolness; invigorating quality or state.
And breathe the freshness of the open air.
5. Color of youth and health; ruddiness.
Her cheeks their freshness lose and wonted grace.
6. Freedom from saltiness; as the freshness of water or flesh.
7. A new or recent state or quality; rawness.
8. Briskness, as of wind.