1. A fluid congealed by cold into ice or crystals; as hoar-frost, which is dew or vapor congealed.
He scattereth the hoar-frost like ashes. Psalms 147:1.
2. The act of freezing; congelation of fluids.
The third day comes a frost a killing frost
3. In physiology, that state or temperature of the air which occasions freezing or the coagelation of water.
4. The appearance of plants sparkling with icy crystals.
FROST, verb transitive
1. In cookery, to cover or sprinkle with a composition of sugar, resembling hoar-frost; as, to frost cake.
2. To cover with any thing resembling hoarfrost.