GROWTH, noun The gradual increase of animal and vegetable bodies; the process of springing from a germ, seed or root, and proceeding to full size, by the addition of matter, through ducts and secretory vessels. In plants, vegetation. We speak of slow growth and rapid growth; of early growth; late growth and full growth
1. Product; produce; that which has grown; as a fine growth of wood.
2. Production; any thing produced; as a poem of English growth
3. Increase in number, bulk or frequency.
4. Increase in extent or prevalence; as the growth of trade; the growth of vice.
5. Advancement; progress; improvement; as growth in grace or piety.