1. A pad; a nag; a pony.
2. A horse kept for hire; a horse much used.
3. A coach or other carriage kept for hire, and often exposed in the streets of cities. The word is sometimes contracted to hack.
4. Any thing much used or used in common; a hireling; a prostitute.
HACK'NEY, adjective Let out for hire; devoted to common use; as a hackney-coach.
1. Prostitute; vicious for hire.
2. Much used; common; trite; as a hackney author or remark.
HACK'NEY, verb transitive To use much; to practice in one thing; to make
1. To carry in a hackney-coach.