HE'ARING, participle present tense Perceiving by the ear, as sound.
1. Listening to; attending to; obeying; observing what is commanded.
2. Attending to witnesses or advocates in a judicial trial; trying.
HE'ARING, noun The faculty or sense by which sound is perceived.
1. Audience; attention to what is delivered; opportunity to be heard. I waited on the minister, but could not obtain a hearing
2. Judicial trial; attention to the facts, testimony and arguments in a cause between parties, with a view to a just decision.
3. The act of perceiving sounds; sensation or perception of sound.
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear. Job 42:5.
And to the others he said in my hearing Ezekiel 9:5.
4. Reach of the ear; extent within which sound may be heard. He was not within hearing