LOWLY, adjective [low and like.]
1. Having a low esteem of one's own worth; humble; meek; free from pride.
Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lovly in heart. Matthew 11:29.
He scorneth the scorners; but he giveth grace to the lowly Proverbs 3:34.
2. Mean; low; wanting dignity or rank.
One common right the great and lowly claim.
3. Not lofty or sublime; humble.
these rural poems, and their lowly strain.
4. Not high; not elevated in place.
1. Humbly; meekly; modestly.
2. Meanly; in a low condition; without grandeur or dignity.
I will show myself highly fed and lowly taught.