POW'ERFUL, adjective Having great physical or mechanical power; strong; forcible; mighty; as a powerful army or navy; a powerful engine.
1. Having great moral power; forcible to persuade or convince the mind; as a powerful reason or argument.
2. Possessing great political and military power; strong in extent of dominion or national resources; potent; as a powerful monarch or prince; a powerful nation.
3. Efficacious; possessing or exerting great force or producing great effects; as a powerful medicine.
4. In general, able to produce great effects; exerting great force or energy; as a powerful eloquence.
The word of God is quick and powerful Hebrews 4:12.
5. Strong; intense; as a powerful heat or light.