1. Thin; small in circumference compared with the length; not thick; as a slender stem or stalk of a plant.
2. Small in the waist; not thick or gross. A slender waist is considered as a beauty.
3. Not strong; small; slight. Mighty hearts are held in slender chains.
4. Weak; feeble; as slender hope; slender probabilities; a slender constitution.
5. Small; inconsiderable; as a man of slender parts.
6. Small; inadequate; as slender means of support; a slender pittance.
7. Not amply supplied. The good Ostorius often deign'd to grace my slender table.
8. Spare; abstemious; as a slender diet.