TAP, verb transitive To strike with something small, or to strike a very gentle blow; to touch gently; as, to tap one with the hand; to tap one on the shoulder with a cane.
TAP, verb intransitive To strike a gentle blow. He tapped at the door.
TAP, verb transitive
1. To pierce or broach a cask, and insert a tap
2. To open a cask and draw liquor.
3. To pierce for letting out a fluid; as, to tap a tumor; to tap a dropsical person.
4. To box, or bore into; as, to tap a maple tree to obtain the sap for making sugar.
TAP, noun A gentle blow; a slight blow with a small thing.
She gives her right hand woman a tap on the shoulder.
1. A spile or pipe for drawing liquor from a cask.