TEN'DERNESS, noun The state of being tender or easily broken, bruised or injured; softness; brittleness; as the tenderness of a thread; the tenderness of flesh.
1. The state of being easily hurt; soreness; as the tenderness of flesh when bruised or inflamed.
2. Susceptibility of the softer passions; sensibility.
Well we know your tenderness of heart.
3. Kind attention; anxiety for the good of another, or to save him from pain.
4. Scrupulousness; caution; extreme care or concern not to give or to commit offense; as tenderness of conscience.
5. Cautious care to preserve or not to injure; as a tenderness of reputation.
6. Softness of expression; pathos.