1. A plaything for children; a bauble.
2. A trifle; a thing for amusement, but of no real value.
3. An article of trade of little value.
They exchange gold and pearl for toys.
4. Matter of no importance.
Nor light and idle toys my lines may vainly swell.
5. Folly; trifling practice; silly opinion.
6. Amorous dalliance; play; sport.
7. An old story; a silly tale.
8. Slight representation; as the toy of novelty.
9. Wild fancy; odd conceit.
TOY, verb intransitive To dally amorously; to trifle; to play.
TOY, verb transitive To treat foolishly. [Not used.]