1. resemblance to itself at all times; even tenor; as the uniformity of design in a poem.
2. consistency; sameness; as the uniformity of a man's opinions.
3. Conformity to a pattern or rule; resemblance, consonance or agreement; as the uniformity of different churches in ceremonies or rites.
4. Similitude between the parts of a whole; as the uniformity of sides in a regular figure. Beauty is said to consist in uniformity with variety.
5. Continued or unvaried sameness or likeness.
Uniformity must tire at last, though it is a uniformity of excellence.
Act of uniformity in England, the act of parliament by which the form of public prayers, administration of sacraments and other rites, is prescribed to be observed in all the churches.