1. Received with gladness; admitted willingly to the house, entertainment and company; as a welcome guest.
2. Grateful; pleasing; as a welcome present; welcome news.
3. Free to have or enjoy gratuitously. You are welcome to the use of my library.
To bid welcome to receive with professions of kindness.
WELCOME, is used elliptically for you are welcome
WELCOME, great monarch, to your own.
WELCOME to our house, an herb.
1. Salutation of a new comer.
WELCOME ever smiles--
2. Kind reception of a guest or new comer. We entered the house and found a ready welcome
Truth finds an entrance and a welcome too.
WELCOME, verb transitive To salute a new comer with kindness; or to receive and entertain hospitable, gratuitously and cheerfully.
Thus we salute thee with our early song, and welcome thee, and wish thee long.