WORST, adjective [superlative of worse, which see.]
1. Most bad; most evil; in a moral sense; as the worst man; the worst sinner.
2. Most severe or dangerous; most difficult to heal; as the worst disease.
3. Most afflictive, pernicious or calamitous; as the worst evil that can befall a state or an individual.
1. The most evil state; in a moral sense.
2. The most severe or aggravated state; the highth; as, the disease is at the worst
3. The most calamitous state. Be armed against the worst
WORST, verb transitive To get the advantage over in contest; to defeat; to overthrow. It is madness to contend, when we are sure to be worsted.