WROUGHT, preterit tense and participle passive of work. raut.
1. Worked; formed by work or labor; as wrought iron.
2. Effected; performed.
She hath wrought a good work upon me. Matthew 26:10.
3. Effected; produced. He wrought the public safety. A great change was wrought in his mind.
This wrought the greatest confusion int he unbelieving Jews.
4. Used in labor.
The elders of that city shall take a heifer that hath not been wrought with. Deuteronomy 21:3.
5. Worked; driven; as infection wrought out of the body. [Not used.]
Vain Morat, by his own rashness wrought--
7. Worked; used; labored in. The mine is still wrought
8. Formed; fitted.
He that hath wrought us for the self-same thing is God. 2 Corinthians 5:5.
9. Guided; managed. [Not used.]
10. Agitated; disturbed.
My dull brain was wrought with things forgot.
WROUGHT on or upon, influenced; prevailed on. His mind was wrought upon by divine grace.
WROUGHT to or up to, excited; inflamed. Their minds were wrought up to a violent passion. She was wrought up to the tenderest emotion of pity.