TRANSLA'TION, noun [Latin translatio.]
1. The act of removing or conveying from one place to another; removal; as the translation of a disease from the foot to the breast.
2. The removal of a bishop from one see to another.
3. The removal of a person to heaven without subjecting him to death.
4. The act of turning into another language; interpretation; as the translation of Virgil or Homer.
5. That which is produced by turning into another language; a version. We have a good translation of the Scriptures.