AFFECT'ED, participle passive
1. Impressed; moved, or touched, either in person or in interest; having suffered some change by external force, loss, danger, and the like; as, we are more or less affected by the failure of the bank.
2. Touched in the feelings; having the feelings excited; as, affected with cold or heat.
3. Having the passions moved; as, affected with sorrow or joy.
4. adjective Inclined, or disposed; followed by to; as, well affected to government.
5. adjective Given to false show; assuming, or pretending to possess what is not natural or real; as, an affected lady.
6. adjective Assumed artificially; not natural; as, affected airs.