1. A small bladder or vesicle of water or other fluid inflated with air.
2. Any thing that wants firmness or solidity; a vain project; that which is more specious than real. Hence, a false show; a cheat or fraud.
3. A delusive scheme of speculation; an empty project to raise money or imaginary grounds; as the South Sea bubble
4. A person deceived by an empty project.
BUB'BLE, verb intransitive To rise in bubbles, as liquors when boiling or agitated.
1. To run with a gurgling noise; as a bubbling stream.
BUB'BLE, verb transitive To cheat; to deceive or impose on.