1. That may be charged; that may be set, laid, imposed; as, a duty of forty per cent is chargeable on wine.
2. Subject to be charged; as, wine is chargeable with a duty of forty per cent.
3. Expensive; costly; as a chargeable family.
4. Laying or bringing expense.
Because we would not be chargeable to any of you. 1 Thessalonians 2:9.
5. Imputable; that may be laid or attributed as a crime, fault or debt; as a fault chargeable on a man.
6. Subject to be charged or accused; as a man chargeable with a fault, or neglect.