1. A number of singers; a company of persons singing in concert.
2. The persons who are supposed to behold what passes in the acts of a tragedy, and sing their sentiments between the acts.
3. The song between the acts of a tragedy.
4. Verses of a song in which the company join the singer; or the union of a company with a singer, in repeating certain couplets or verses, at certain periods in a song.
5. A musical composition of two or more parts.
6. Among the Greeks, a chorus consisted of a number of singers and dancers.