1. A believer in the religion of Christ.
2. A professor of his belief in the religion of Christ.
3. A real disciple of Christ; one who believes in the truth of the christian religion, and studies to follow the example, and obey the precepts, of Christ; a believer in Christ who is characterized by real piety.
4. In a general sense, the word Christians includes all who are born in a christian country or of christian parents.
CHRISTIAN, adjective [See the Noun.]
1. Pertaining to Christ, taught by him, or received from him; as the christian religion; christian doctrines.
2. Professing the religion of Christ; as a christian friend.
3. Belonging to the religion of Christ; relating to Christ, or to his doctrines, precepts and example; as christian profession and practice.
4. Pertaining to the church; ecclesiastical; as courts christian
CHRISTIAN, verb transitive To baptize.