CONSISTENCE, CONSISTENCY noun
1. A standing together; a being fixed in union, as the parts of a body; that state of a body, in which its component parts remain fixed.
The CONSISTENCY of bodies is divers; dense, rare, tangible, pneumatical, volatile, etc.
2. A degree of density or spissitude, but indefinite.
Let the juices or liquor be boiled into the CONSISTENCY of syrup.
3. Substance; make; firmness of constitution; as, friendship of a lasting consistency; resolutions of durable consistence.
4. A standing together, as the parts of a system, or of conduct, etc.; agreement or harmony of all parts of a complex thing among themselves, or of the same thing with itself at different times; congruity; uniformity; as the CONSISTENCY of laws, regulations or judicial decisions; CONSISTENCY of opinion; CONSISTENCY of behavior or of character.
There is harmony and CONSISTENCY in all Gods works.
5. A standing; a state of rest, in which things capable of growth or decrease, remain for a time at a stand.