CRUDE, adjective [Latin G.]
1. Raw; not cooked or prepared by fire or heat; in its natural state; undressed; as crude flesh; crude meat. In this sense, raw is more generally used.
2. Not changed from its natural state; not altered or prepared by any artificial process; as crude salt; crude alum.
3. Rough; harsh; unripe; not mellowed by air or other means; as crude juice.
4. Unconcocted; not well digested in the stomach.
5. Not brought to perfection; unfinished; immature; as the crude materials of the earth.
6. Having indigested notions.
7. Indigested; not matured; not well formed, arranged, or prepared in the intellect; as, crude notions; a crude plan; a crude theory.