1. An affirmation; an open expression of facts or opinions; verbal utterance; as, he declared his sentiments, and I rely on his declaration
2. Expression of facts, opinions, promises, predictions, etc., in writings; records or reports of what has been declared or uttered.
The scriptures abound in declarations of mercy to penitent sinners.
3. Publication; manifestation; as the declaration of the greatness of Mordecai. Esther 10:2.
4. A public annunciation; proclamation; as the declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.
5. In law, that part of the process or pleadings in which the plaintiff sets forth at large his cause of complaint; the narration or count.